By now, you have probably noticed fashion trends reappear every few years. What was once considered vintage is now considered hip. The same is true for eyebrow styling. From pencil thin to bright and bushy, eyebrow trends often fluctuate. In fact, it may even seem difficult to keep up with the trends. If you’re looking for “it brows” without the fuss, you may want to consider eyebrow tinting. We have ten reasons why you should! But first, let’s explore eyebrow tinting for a second.
What is Eyebrow Tinting?
Eyebrow tinting involves coating your tiny brow hairs with a semipermanent brow dye. This makes your brows appear fuller, fluffier, and better sculpted. It maximizes your brow hair potential by making the most of each hair, long or super short. The skin between your brow hairs is stained by the dye slightly. This lasts for a week, while the brow dye can last about four to six weeks depending on how fast your hair grows, if you use sunscreen regularly, how gentle your facial cleanser is, and how hard you scrub your face. (Yes, this matters).
When your eyebrows are tinted, the color will appear much darker at first and then fade. The procedure takes about five to ten minutes to complete.
Your practitioner will cleanse the brow area to remove dirt, sweat, or grime. Then, they will brush your brows and map the brow line to ensure the proper shape. Next, they will line your brows with an oil or petroleum jelly to ensure the dye stays within the treatment area. Then, they will carefully apply the dye to your brow hairs. They will wipe off the dye a few minutes later and send you on your way with your darker, fuller brows. Keep your brows dry for the next 12-24 hours, and wear sunscreen to slow the speed of sun fading.
10 Reasons You Should Consider Eyebrow Tinting
There are many different reasons you should consider eyebrow tinting, but here are some of the best reasons (in our opinion).
- Permanent Enough – Eyebrow tinting isn’t permanent like eyebrow tattooing. This means you can adjust your brows according to your preference and the latest brow trends, depending on the season. However, eyebrow tinting is semi-permanent, so you can enjoy your luscious brows for up six weeks.
- Low Maintenance – Since eyebrows can add to your face’s personality and aesthetic, it is no wonder they take so much time and effort to maintain. From tweezing to waxing to filling in with color (hoping you don’t accidentally smudge), brow maintenance is exhausting. With brow tinting, camera-ready brows are ready as soon as you wake up, eliminating one major step in your makeup routine and saving you time (and frustration).
- Quick – Unlike eyebrow tattooing or microblading, eyebrow tinting is a quick procedure. After discussing your brow needs with a trusted esthetician, you’ll be in and out of the office in as little as 15 minutes. The actual brow tinting procedure takes five to ten minutes.
- Painless – Eyebrow microblading and eyebrow tattooing involve needles, meaning you can expect some pain and discomfort during those procedures. Eyebrow tinting is painless and cost-effective.
- Less Need for Mascara – You can still use mascara on your lashes to make your eyes stand out, but after a brow tinting procedure, you’ll notice your eyes stand out all on their own, thanks to your newly tinted brows.
- Safe – When you receive treatment from a trained professional, you can rest assured that your procedure will be safe and effective. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to discuss it with your practitioner. There are vegetable-based dyes available that are gentler on the skin. A skin-patch test may be recommended to ensure you will not have an allergic reaction to the dye.
- Darkens the Light – As we age, our eyebrows become thinner and lighter. Genetics can play a role in this as well. Brow tinting will darken light eyebrows and help them appear youthful no matter your age.
- Customizable – Your practitioner will develop a dye blend that is unique to your skin profile and hair color. By expertly blending colors, you’ll have a natural-looking brow with your custom dye formula. This may include a base tint and accent color.
- No Upkeep – In addition to no maintenance, no upkeep is required to maintain your brows. The color will eventually grow out as your brow hair grows. Only then will you need to book an appointment for reapplication of dye on the new hair.
- Symmetry – One of the biggest challenges of eyebrow maintenance is ensuring the brows remain even and symmetrical. With brow tinting, you can eliminate guesswork and enjoy symmetrical brows right after treatment. No second-guessing or plucking is needed.
Brow Tinting and Waxing
While brow tinting elevates your eyebrow shape and fullness, you may still need to wax or pluck your eyebrows as hair grows outside your shape zone. Brow tinting enhances the eyebrow shape by creating a cohesive pigment across the existing brow. New hairs will come in, and some may grow where you don’t want them to. Fortunately, eyebrow waxing and plucking are not an everyday requirement since hair grows slowly.
Beyond the Eyebrow
Looking to enhance your eyes even more? You may be interested in eyelash lengthening or even a lash lift. A great option is Latisse®, which can lengthen and thicken your eyelashes in a few months. Latisse® is a daily treatment applied to the base of your eyelashes before bed. The solution works to kickstart lash growth as you sleep, making your lashes longer and fuller. It is safe and easy to use.
Just need a one-off every so often? A lash lift with tint is an excellent option, with results lasting 6 to 8 weeks. A gentle keratin-based solution is applied to every single lash. If you choose to tint, your lashes will also be coated with a safe dye. A lash lift will make your lashes appear darker, fuller-looking, and have a natural curl upward. Basically, a lash lift will do what mascara does, except for longer and without daily reapplication. Don’t forget to avoid exposing your lifted lashes to water for at least 24 hours after treatment.
Eyes are the Windows to the Soul
You’ve heard the phrase “the eyes are the windows to the soul.” The eyes are such a prominent focal feature on our faces, making eyebrows and eyelashes critical components of our overall beauty look and style. If you’re searching for ways to help your eyes “pop” or are craving a bold low-maintenance look, consider booking a consultation with the experts at First Impressions Rejuvenation Clinic. Learn what treatments are right for you and discover your perfect brow shape.
Fall in love with yourself every time you look in the mirror.
Botox® injections are not reserved for celebrities, and you will not end up looking like an emotionless statue after treatment. In fact, Botox® is one of the safest and most natural-looking cosmetic treatments in the world. Debunk the misconceptions and learn more when you download our FREE ebook, 10 Truth Bombs about Botox®, and Fillers You’ll Be Relieved to Know.